Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Dear Virtual Diary | #MyGreatestVictory

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)


One of my greatest victories was when I started to love myself. I know, it sounds so easy to do, but at least for me, it wasn't. It was the hardest. For me, giving love to others – may it be my family, my friends, a stranger or my enemy – is somewhat easy, but giving myself the love that I never thought I deserve wasn't a piece of cake, especially when I started to have an acne breakout and when I stepped in the university life...
I always look down on myself; 'til one day, I just saw myself as my greatest basher — the one who never believes in me, the one who doubts in me, and the one who hates me.
"You are not good enough!"
"You are ugly!"
"You don't fit in!"
"Whatever you do, people will never like you."
"You will always be an option!"
"You will never succeed!"
"You are fake!"
I get scared and hurt a lot of times when people look down on me, but I never realized that I was the one who utters such hurtful words to myself.
BUT THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST!
I was freed from this bondage of self-hatred. Finally, I started to see myself worthy... THROUGH THE EYES OF MY HEAVENLY FATHER! The journey to self-love wasn't easy, and I know I am still on my way, but with sincere prayer, child-like faith, a positive community and Jesus Christ! I already claim that I overcame it! I am victorious!

Share your greatest victory with the hashtag ‪#‎MyGreatestVictory‬

With grace and love,

Watch me on YouTube | Tweet me on Twitter | Ask me on Ask.FM | Message me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram | Visit my Literature Blog | Visit House of Paradise | Add me on Snapchat: holla.polla

No comments:

Post a Comment